Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Aug 1 - the arrival

This particular day is a bit of a blur, as we arrived in Scotland at 8am local time and dove straight into a tour and hike. I don't really recall hearing any local sounds that day in terms of music, though I did listen to my iPod while on the plane. In between sleeping/watching in-flight movies, I vaguely recall listening to some Jack's Mannequin, and The Decemberists, switching around every so often when I regained consciousness on the crowded plane. As for the sounds of the plane, I was frequently awoken by the "fasten seatbelts" chime and "help" button tone. For some visual reminders of the first day:

 Kerry and I decided to take the road less traveled, so to speak, and climb up the rough side of Arthur's Seat. As she blazed a trail, I clung to the rocks for dear life, hoping it didn't start to rain on our way up. 
As seen in this Tim Tebow tribute cameo, the climb was well worth the risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment